🕶 Install the Warp VR app on your VR headset
Installing the Warp VR app on the Pico is easy:
- Take your Pico VR headset and navigate to the Pico Store. 🏪
- Search for Warp VR.
- Click Install. ✅
- The app can now be found on your home screen.
⚠️ You need a Pico account in order to download apps from the Pico Store. Click here to create an account.
🔄 Sideloading on Pico G2 4K (expert users only)
Sideloading allows you to install the app from an APK file.
👉 In general, we recommend this procedure only to expert users who know what they are doing and to users that have a real need to install the app this way. For most users, the best approach is to always install the app from the Pico store, where we always provide the latest available version.
❓ What you need
- USB cable.
- ABD (install via Android Platform Tools).
- Mac or PC with USB 3.0 or higher.
- APK file of the Warp VR app (download via https://warp-public.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/WarpVR_Pico.apk).
🧑🏼💻 Enable Developer Mode for Pico headsets
If your device was already set in Developer Mode, you can skip to the next section.
- Take your Pico VR headset and navigate to Settings.
- Click on Advanced settings.
- Scroll down and click System.
- Scroll down and click About device.
- Click PUI version 10x to enable Developer Mode.
- Go back and click Developer options.
- Scroll down and enable USB debugging.
✅ Install the APK file on your Pico headset
- Connect your Pico headset to your computer with a USB cable.
- Make sure that no version of Warp VR app is running on your device. Double click the button with the Pico logo on the controller and select Close all on the right of the Usage record panel.
- Open Terminal (Mac) or PowerShell (Windows).
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded the Warp VR APK file, for example using the ‘cd’ command (short for ‘change directory’). For more information about navigating the command line we recommend https://openclassrooms.com/en/courses/4614926-learn-the-command-line-in-terminal/4634356-navigate-your-system.
- When you are in the right folder, type
adb install -r WarpVR_Pico.apkand press Enter.
- You should see the word Success in the terminal. Put on your Pico headset and you will see the Warp VR app in your library.
- If you see an error mentioning a version downgrade, it means you will need to delete the Warp VR app version from your device first. From the library select the Edit button and then the Trash button near the Warp VR app to delete it.
Interested in more?
➡️ Check all the settings available in the Warp VR app. ➡️ Learn how to play a VR scenario on different devices.