Creating high-quality immersive training content is different than creating classroom presentations or e-learning courses. Although the content can be similar, the way it’s presented requires a different approach.
To maximize the potential of VR, one should transform content into a story-based format, as if you were really there. Bringing learners into that storyline 🎭, where they have to make choices and truly experience the outcome, is where you will see a significant change in engagement and impact.
We can assist you with our basic and advanced workshops. Afterwards you’ll understand every step of the way to create and implement VR training.
➡️ Basic workshops
There are 3 basic workshops you can choose from:
- Introduction to story-based immersive learning
- What is story-based immersive learning and why it works.
- The power of emotion, researches and examples. 🧪
- Relation with gaming and gamification, and why storytelling should be a crucial part of any learning process.
- Introduction to VR hardware
- We distinguish hardware required for creating and for playing immersive learning scenarios.
- We go over the different types of 360 ̊ cameras and other filming equipment, from consumer to high-end professional cameras. 📸
- VR headsets - Which ones are currently on the market, which one should you buy and what is yet to come.
- Device management, safety while playing and hygiene.
- Kickstart with Warp Studio
- Where do you start?
- Which scene types do you use?
- Working with 360 ̊ video files and scenario distribution.
- LMS integration and analytics.
- During this workshop, you will create two scenarios, one of our suggestion and one of your choice. After a week, we’ll meet again and review them together. 👊
➡️ Advanced workshops
There are 3 advanced workshops you can choose from:
- Writing story-based immersive scenarios
- The skills required to write high-quality, story-based, immersive training scenarios.
- Storytelling, presence and setting the right challenge.
- How to write dialogues for actors, how to ask the right question and give tons of examples, both right and wrong.
- Filming and production of immersive scenarios
- How to actually film a training scenario with a 360 ̊ camera.
- How to setup your gear using a consumer camera, tripod and external microphone, as well as resolution, camera settings and the equirectangular format.
- Pre-production phase: scenario export, script breakdown and production schedule.
- Post-production phase and how to stitch all your videos. ✂️
- Homework - you will film a scenario yourself which we’ll review a week later.
- Implement VR training into your business
- How to implement and integrate VR training into your business.
- Which devices to use, when to play on a smartphone and when to use a VR headset.
- Scaling within the business.
- How to create and play more scenarios.
- How to convince management of using VR in the first place.
📆 Book the bundle
The best part is that you can combine the workshops and create a full learning journey! 🚀
Our suggestion: Combine workshops #3, #4 and #5, and get a full scenario creation bundle, that gives the skills to both write and film story-based VR training scenarios.
All workshops can be followed online via Google Meet, Zoom or any other conferencing software you prefer, with a maximum of 10 participants in order to guarantee more personal guidance.
Interested in booking one or a bundle? Contact us for questions and pricing. 👀
👁 Review session
This is an online meeting with one of our immersive and story-based scenario experts.
- Review your scenario in Warp Studio.
- Provide you with feedback to help you improve it.
- If not filmed yet - give you handy tips and tricks to get it ready for filming.
- If already filmed - review the recordings and point out things that might need changes.
🎞 Scenario development services
The process of scenario development can be divided into two phases: writing and filming. Both are available as services from our end.
➡️ Scenario writing
The scenario writing phase is done through a close co-creation with specialists at Warp VR together with the client.
In a multidisciplinary approach, a high impact scenario is written, taken into account: the learning goals, storyline, engagement criteria and filming possibilities.
➡️ Scenario filming
During filming, everything is prepared for the actual day (or days) of filming, including: hiring and preparing actors, preparing filming locations and other items required for filming.
At the actual day, we have a full crew to ensure the highest quality of 360˚ filming. Post-production includes editing, stitching and uploading all media to Warp Studio.
Luckily 🍀 we offer both scenario writing and filming in 4 packages, which can be bought separately:
- Small scenario (~15 scenes)
- Medium scenario (~25 scenes)
- Large scenario (~40 scenes)
- Extra large scenario (~60 scenes)